Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This recipe combines the tart flavor of cranberries in a healthy bran muffin.
- 2 cups all-bran cereal
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine cereal and milk; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine the next five ingredients; stir into cereal mixture just until moistened. Fold in cranberry sauce.
- Coat muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray; fill two-thirds full with batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack.