Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple Cranberry Sauce with a touch of orange and ginger. Recipe can easily be halved.
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 (12 ounce) bags fresh cranberries
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 cup walnuts
- Combine orange juice, cranberries and ground ginger in a pot and bring to a simmer. Let mixture cook for approximately 10 minutes until berries pop.
- Turn off the heat. Add sugar, orange zest and walnuts to mixture.
- Stir until sugar dissolves completely. (the trick is adding the sugar after the cranberries have poppep so the skins don't get tough.).
- Cool the sauce and pour into a serving dish. Best if stored in the fridge for a day or two to blend the flavours.
This is one of the best cranberry sauces I have ever made, and so easy. Wouldn't change a thing! Thanks for this great addition to our holiday table.
I halved the o.j. portion of this recipe (half water and half juice) and still found the orange juice flavor took over the dish. I like the addition of the o.j. but maybe more like 1/4 of the liquid instead of all or half.