Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Clean-Eating Cranberry Sauce.
- 4 cups fresh cranberries, picked over
- 1 tart apple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup organic honey
- 1 orange, rind of, pith removed, minced
- Rinse cranberries under running water. Place rinsed cranberries and apple in a medium saucepan with orange juice and water.
- Cook berries over high heat until they burst. You will hear them popping. Reduce heat to low and add honey and orange peel. Continue cooking over low heat for another 15 minutes. The liquid should stick to the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and let coo. Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Keep refrigerated until read to use.
Made this for Thanksgiving 2009, and was very excited to find this recipe, as I can't find my Clean Eating mag!!! This is sweet, tangy and delicious!!!