Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a lighter version of cranberry sauce. The sweetness comes from the apple juice. No sugar in this one. More suited for a diabetic diet.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries or 2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 6 ounces frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- In a medium size saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Simmer until cranberries pop.
- Can be served warm or chilled.
I left out the raisins and it was still a great side with our chicken. I will probably make it again sometime. Thank you!
This was a great alternative to the high sugar variety. I simmered mine for approx. 10 minutes. We really liked this one. It is a keeper. Thanks!
this was good , little high in sugars, but good