Vegetarian Network Austin's Note:
This recipe was one of the Thanksgiving recipes featured in our October/November 2007 newsletter. It was found at www.boutell.com/vegetarian/thanksgiving.html.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse berries and remove stems.
- 2Add to a pan with the water and sugar.
- 3Boil until all the berries have popped open, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- 4Cook on medium heat until thickened.
- 5Mash any unpopped berries against the side of the pan.
- 6Chill overnight in the fridge and serve cold.
- 7This recipe can be made in by volume, depending on how many cranberries you have (2 parts cranberries to 1 part each water and brown sugar).
- 8There are canning instructions on the source's website (see the recipe description for the URL).
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 0.0 g