Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was one of the Thanksgiving recipes featured in our October/November 2007 newsletter. It was found at www.boutell.com/vegetarian/thanksgiving.html.
- Rinse berries and remove stems.
- Add to a pan with the water and sugar.
- Boil until all the berries have popped open, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- Cook on medium heat until thickened.
- Mash any unpopped berries against the side of the pan.
- Chill overnight in the fridge and serve cold.
- This recipe can be made in by volume, depending on how many cranberries you have (2 parts cranberries to 1 part each water and brown sugar).
- There are canning instructions on the source's website (see the recipe description for the URL).