Recipe by EmmyDuckie
I made this up for a Thanksgiving Potluck last year. It was such a hit, I had to make a second bowl!
Top Review by Sassy in da South
A very refreshing and different (in a good way) sangria. For some reason, never thought about using cranberries for sangria which is odd since I love them so much and try them in some unusual recipes. I thought the flavours blended nicely for a drink that went down smoothly. Will make again. Made for ZWT4.
- 2 pints cranberry juice (100% juice is best)
- 2 pints orange juice
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine (I like Beaujolais, but any light fruity red wine will do.)
- 1 -2 orange, sliced (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chill all ingredients.
- Pour juices and wine into punch bowl.
- Float orange slices on top.
- Variations: You may adjust the proportions of juice to wine, depending on the strength and flavor profile of your particular wine.
- This is also good with limes and lemons.
- Ice cubes made of frozen juice are a nice addition, or you can freeze the citrus slices and use them to keep sangria cold.
- This can be halved, doubled, tripled, etc. easily for any size group.