Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I originally found this recipe on Whats Cooking America. I am requested to make this for all my parties. It's a beautiful holiday dip, but the flavors work well year round.
- 12 ounces frozen cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion
- 2 small approximately 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, cored, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- Rinse, drain, and pick over cranberries, (discarding all that are soft or bruised). Place them in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped but not mushy.
- Place crushed cranberries in a bowl; mix together with onions, jalapeno peppers, sugar, cilantro leaves, ginger, and lemon juice. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours so flavors develop (salsa will be too sharp and tart to begin with).
- On a serving plate, place cream cheese; cover with the dip. Garnish, if desired, and served with crackers.