Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from a very dear friend. It's a nice change from standard, boring cranberry sauce. I make this every Thanksgiving.
- 12 ounces cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup tawny port
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes or until the berries burst and the mixture has thickened.
- Pour into a bowl or a mold and refrigerate.
- Serve at room temperature.
- NOTE: You can substitute orange juice and orange zest for the lemon.
This is the best! I'll never eat the canned kind again.