Prep 8 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Cranberries in a cloud of citrus flavored whipped cream. Sweet, tart and savory all at once. Long prep time is waiting time.
- 3 1⁄2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen (1 package)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups celery, cut into 1/8-inch dices
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lemon, zest of, , grated (optional)
- 1 lime, zest of, , grated (optional)
- Place the cranberries and sugar in food processor and process until the cranberries are finely chopped.
- (If you are using frozen berries, do not thaw them before chopping them in the processor--it will work better if they are frozen).
- Place berry mixture in a large bowl and let it sit at room temperature loosely covered, for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Add the celery and pecans to the cranberries and mix well.
- Whip the cream in a chilled bowl until stiff.
- Fold the zests into the whipped cream, then fold the cream into the cranberry mixture.
- Chill, covered, for at least 30 minutes.
- Note: To toast pecans, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the pecans in a baking pan large enough to hold them in a single layer and toast, stirring once, until they smell toasted (10 to 15 minutes).
I made this awhile back to have when I had company coming for dinner and wanted to make something to impress. This did the trick as I got compliments galore from everyone! I will be making this a staple for my Thanksgiving and Christmas table in the future!