Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Beautiful presentation!! and great refreshing taste. Diatery exchanges 1 fruit, 1 fat
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 (3 ounce) package cranberry Jell-O gelatin or 1 (3 ounce) package sugar-free cherry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple, in juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Bring cranberries and 1 cup water to a boil.
- Remove from heat when cranberries have popped open.
- Add splenda and stir, set aside to cool.
- Dissolve gelatin with 1 cup boiling water.
- Add cranberry sauce; mix thoroughly.
- Add celery, pineapple and walnuts.
- Pour into mold or bowl.
- Place in refrigerator until set.
Very good! I love cranberries...but they're hard to find in August! Had to settle ofr frozen, but this was delish! Thanks, Derf!
I made this salad for our Christmas dinner. It makes for a lovely presentation. I would suggest to anyone making the salad, to sample your celery before using it. The fresh celery I purchased was extremely bitter tasting and it majorly destroyed the flavor of the salad. My family didn't care for the flavor of the fresh cranberries-maybe we're just not cranberry lovers. This was the first time I ever made a salad that no one would eat.
This is the first Cranberry Salad that I thought was very tasty. This will be added to my cookbook! Thanks