Perfect for a holiday dinner or anytime when something tart yet sweet will only do. Your family and guests will love the slightly crunchy texture along with the creamy topping. This recipe was given to me by a friend, and I hope that you will enjoy it as much as we do.
- Pick over cranberries.
- Chop cranberries in food processor until fine.
- Mix cranberries with sugar and let stand until sugar dissolves.
- Add 2 cups of boiling water into jello, and stir until the jello dissolves.
- Then add the 1 cup of cold water to the jello mixture.
- Let stand until cooled.
- Drain pineapple and reserve the juice.
- Add the pineapple, cranberries, and walnuts, and stir well.
- Pour into 9x13 dish.
- Chill to set.
- With a mixer, blend enough reserved pineapple juice into the cream cheese, until it becomes the consistency of whipped cream.
- Spread over the top of the chilled gelatin.
- Keep cold.