Recipe by *~Suzy~*
Perfect for a holiday dinner or anytime when something tart yet sweet will only do. Your family and guests will love the slightly crunchy texture along with the creamy topping. This recipe was given to me by a friend, and I hope that you will enjoy it as much as we do.
Top Review by Rollin in the Dough!
This worked out great for Thanksgiving! I used 8 oz cream cheese with a little juice and vanilla + 8 oz cool whip for the topping. I let the cranberries and sugar set overnight in fridge then added well drained pinapple and 1/4 c pecan chips instead of walnuts and put back in fridge until jello cooled, I think that helped it set up quicker, it was almost done after 2 hrs! I didn't want to cut it b4 I left so I just took pics as I made it! I will definitely use this recipe again! Thanks
- 1 lb fresh cranberries
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces (or amount as desired)
- 2 packages raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Pick over cranberries.
- Chop cranberries in food processor until fine.
- Mix cranberries with sugar and let stand until sugar dissolves.
- Add 2 cups of boiling water into jello, and stir until the jello dissolves.
- Then add the 1 cup of cold water to the jello mixture.
- Let stand until cooled.
- Drain pineapple and reserve the juice.
- Add the pineapple, cranberries, and walnuts, and stir well.
- Pour into 9x13 dish.
- Chill to set.
- With a mixer, blend enough reserved pineapple juice into the cream cheese, until it becomes the consistency of whipped cream.
- Spread over the top of the chilled gelatin.
- Keep cold.