Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This Cranberry Salad is no doubt the best flavor enhancer to a Thanksgiving dinner. Its so good you will find yourself eating it as a dessert. Its easy to prepare and cooking time is mostly chilling time.
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 navel orange (peel still intact)
- 2 cups walnuts
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cherry gelatin
- Using a food processor, grind cranberries, orange and peel of orange, and walnuts till coarse.
- In large mixing bowl mix together cranberries, walnuts, orange and pineapple.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Two hours before mix is chilled make cherry Jell-O according to package directions.
- Fold Jell-O into the cranberry mixture.
- Chill till dinner is ready or best chilled overnight.
I didn't put the amount of sugar because it is on the package of Jello. It will make it sweet if you make the Jello according to the Jello directions. After you chill the ingredients then make your Jello and fold into the fruit nut mixture.
The relatives loved this. The orange adds a little zing that other recipes do not have. This is definately a keeper recipe. Thank you for sharing!
This was great and will become a Thanksgiving tradition for us. Was a bit tart. I might try to add a little sweetener next time