Recipe by Michael Wodnicki
Not your typical canned cranberry jelly that grandma used to serve. Thanks to my mother-in-law for this recipe. The nuts are optional and mostly change texture, not taste. If you can't find cranberry Jell-O, use two raspberry and one cherry.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Absolutely had to cut this recipe in half but partial packages of Jell-O gelatin never go to waste in my kitchen! Was unable to come up with the cranberry variety so did opt for the raspberry & cherry combo! Very nice change of pace from my usual cranberry sauce, & it was much enjoyed ~ Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef event]
- 2 (12 ounce) bags cranberries
- 2 medium oranges
- 2 medium gala apples
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 (3 ounce) boxescranberry Jello gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) box raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional) or 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 cups sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve sugar and Jell-O in 2 cups boiling water.
- Add to the Jell-O mixture the juice (including pulp) of both oranges, the zest of one orange, chopped nuts, and the entire can of crushed pineapple.
- Shred apples (cored and quartered, leave skin) and cranberries. Add to Jell-O.
- Mix well; Chill overnight or until set.