Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe that I got from my Mom, I have no idea where she came up with it.
- 1 (1 lb) package fresh cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 oranges, peeled
- 2 apples, with peel
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1 cup nuts
- Add the cranberries and the sugar together in the food processor and grind well, add the orange and apple grind until well combined.
- Add the coconut, marshmallows and nuts, stir to incorporate.
- If you let the mixture set for a few days in the refrigerator, it gets much better.
- Serve in a glass jar to show how pretty it is.
This was a great salad. I made it for our Thanksgiving meal. I usually make a congealed salad, but I recently went vegan so did not want the jello. This salad was a great replacement. I substituted crushed pineapple for the apples because that was in my original recipe. Next time I will not chop the cranberries quite so finely. The coconut added great depth. I left out the marshmallows. Thanks manda1027!