Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an old-time recipe handed down within the family. I searched forever until I found someone who had it! The ingredients and directions goes back before anyone measured anything. The original recipe used whipping cream but Cool-Whip simplified the preparation. Enjoy!
- 1 lb raw cranberries, ground
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 0.5 (16 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- 1 pint Cool Whip, thawed
- Mix the ground cranberries, sugar, and pineapple. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Add the walnuts and marshmallows.
- Fold in the Cool Whip and chill until ready to serve.
Yummy!! I made this for dinner tonite and it was fantastic. I have to admit I didnt let the berry mixture sit overnight but for about 6 hours today. It was still great. I just love cranberries and pineapple and this hit the spot!