Recipe by Annacia
I had this at a friend's house and had to have the recipe. I think it's perfect for the holidays. Easy and yummy, what could be better? Cooking time is refrigeration time. *NOTE: Last time I made this, there was a lot of extra liquid in the strawberries and I ended up having to make another package of Jello with just a small amount of water and add it into the first batch and spread the yogurt on top. Just thought you should know.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this pretty much as given, & although it didn't call for it specifically, I did use whole berry cranberry sauce! Also used individually frozen strawberries rather than those frozen in a sauce! I grew up on Jell-O so love these kinds of desserts! Might be great for the holidays, but it's a wonderful treat on a warm day, too! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 (398 ml) can cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 pint plain yogurt, sweetened to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries
- 1 (6 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 banana, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the Jello in a large bowl. Add 1 cup boiling water. Stir until Jello dissolves.
- Add can of cranberry sauce and mix well. Add the strawberries. Stir until thawed out. Add the crushed pineapple and the banana.
- Pour HALF the mixture into a 8x8x2-inch Jello pan. Put it in the refrigerator until Jello sets.
- Spread the yogurt over the top of the Jello. Add the rest of the Jello. Put in the refrigerator until firm. Cut in squares and serve.