1/3 Photos of Cranberry Sage Stuffing on the Side
This is a lovely side dish that goes well with poultry, pork or almost any thing. It is sometimes nice to have two different stuffings for different tastes If you are going to double this recipe do not double the sage or it will overpower just add a little bit more than the original recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 88.74 ml butter
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 236.59 ml chopped celery (use leaves too well chopped)
- 473.18 ml chopped cranberries, fresh frozen or dried
- 946.36 ml white bread, cubes crusts removed
- 9.85 ml fresh sage or 2.46 ml dried sage
- 1 orange, rind of, grated
- 29.58 ml brown sugar or 29.58 ml brown sugar substitute
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt & pepper
- 236.59 ml chicken stock
- 1In a large skillet melt the butter, do not brown, and add the onions- saute for 3 minutes then add the celery, stir.
- 2Continue adding one ingredient at a time until all the ingredients are in the pan Stir lightly after each addition.
- 3Turn into an oiled oven proof dish.
- 4You may now refrigerate it covered until the next day or.
- 5Bake in 350F oven for 30 minutes it should be nicely browned and cooked through.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Sage Stuffing on the Side
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.0
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 93.7 mg
- Sodium 352.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 6.2 g