Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great Holiday Sauce to serve now or can for later!
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken (3-4 inch)
- 8 whole cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon mace
- 8 cups whole fresh cranberries
- 4 medium granny smith apples or 4 medium other tart apples, peeled,cored and diced
- 1⁄2 cup captain morgans spiced rum
- Tie the cinnamon, cloves and mace into a spice bag.
- Give it a few good hits with a rolling pin.
- In a large stainless or enamel pot bring the sugar and water to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the cranberries and spice bag, simmering 5 minutes more.
- Add the Captain Morgans Rum and simmer for 10 minutes more.
- Remove from heat.
- At this point you can: Chill overnight and serve with Turkey, Chicken, Game Hens or Quail.
- Freeze for up to 1 month.
- Or Can.
- Ladle hot product into clean, sterile, hot jars.
- Wipe rims and seal.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
- Adjust times for higher elevations.