Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
I prefer this recipe with lingonberries as opposed to cranberries now, but it's good either way. My husband's Aunt makes this every Thanksgiving.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce or 1⁄2 cup lingonberry preserves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 (8 ounce) brie cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans or 2 tablespoons walnuts
- assorted cracker
- Preheat oven to 450°F Combine sugar, rum extract, cranberry sauce or lingonberries and nutmeg.
- Peel off top rind of brie, leaving 1/4" edge (leave sides/bottom of brie intact).
- Place in pie plate or shallow ovenproof dish; top with berry mixture and sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake 5-7 minutes or until cheese softens.
- Place brie on serving plate; offer with crackers or toasted baugette slices.
I served this at a little Happy Hour I hosted and it was gone in minutes. We loved the combination of the brown sugar, rum and cranberry mixture over the brie cheese. This is a winner and I cant' wait to make it again. Thanks so much for sharing, TigerJo.
Forgot to add the nuts and added a touch more cranberry as I had an 11 oz. brie instead of an 8. Must have done something right as there wasn't a scrap left. ;) Thanks for a great fall recipe.