Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
I cannot wait for the holidays to get here so I can serve this easy but spectacular looking treat!
- 1⁄2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon rum or 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 ounces brie cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- assorted cracker (optional)
- French bread, sliced (optional)
- Mix cranberry sauce, sugar, rum or extract and nutmeg.
- Remove rind from TOP of brie only, leaving 1/4-inch edge. (Leave sides and bottom of Brie intact) and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Spoon cranberry mixture on top and sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake in a 450°F preheated oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese softens.
- Transfer to a serving plate and surround with crackers or bread slices.
Excellent! Great flavors, especially served with gingerbread cookies.
Oh wow this is a great dish! I candied the pecans before putting it all in the oven. I used a spiced rum since it was all I had and served with Ritz crackers and pieces of fresh sourdough bread. I will be making this for Thanksgiving next week. Made and Reviewed for Bevy Tag - Thanks! :)
Soooo good Mama...can't review too busy stuffing my face. This appetizer is really tasty, sweet, tart, nutty, cheesey and spicy. All of the textures and flavors compliment one another perfectly. You can taste each and every ingredient and enjoy its contribution to the dish. I used rum and am I glad that I did, it enhances the dish even more. Thanks for sharing this winner, which we will be enjoying again come Thanksgiving.