Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious salad that is always a hit!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 lb romaine lettuce
- 1 cup dried cranberries or 1 cup craisins
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- toasted and sugared chopped pecans (optional)
- shredded cheese (optional)
- mandarin orange (optional)
- diced pear (optional)
- Melt 1 tablespoons butter. Cook and stir almonds until toasted. Let cool.
- Melt 1 tablespoons butter. Add sugar. Cook and stir pecans until toasted. Let cool.
- Combine greens with toasted almonds and pecans and cranberries and choice of fruit and cheese.
- Whisk together sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, onion, paprika, vinegars, and oil. Toss with salad when ready to serve.