Recipe by Paintpuddles
This dish has been one we have often made during the Christmas holidays. It is a family favorite. The recipe came from the Frugal Gourmet - Jeff Smith The only thing we changes is to double the amounts for the Cranberry sauce as we love having extra sauce on the side to serve over the roated pork.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
ABSOLUTELY GREAT ROAST ~ I used whole berry cranberry sauce along with the onion & OJ, & it was very, very tasty with the pork! Making an additional amount of the sauce is a great idea, especially if you enjoy having generous portions! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag]
- 4 lbs pork roast
- salt & pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) canwhole sweetened cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup peeled and chopped yellow onion
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
1/4 teaspoon each
- ground cinnamon and ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub the roast with salt and pepper, and place on a rack in a baking pan. Roast at 325 deg. for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until an inserted meat thermometer registers 175 deg.
- In the mean time, combine all the remaining ingredients in a stainless-steel saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Halfway through the roasting process, begin basting the roast every 15 minutes with the cranberry mixture. The remaining sauce can be served on the side with the thinly sliced pork.
- Serve along with Wild Rice with mushrooms and onions for a wonderful meal.