Recipe by SassiFras
I found another way to use all of those cranberries that we stash during the holidays. This was found @ http://www.cranberries.org courtesy of the Cape Cod Cranberry Growers' Association. I'm putting this here for safe keeping.
- 2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 cup short grain white rice, (such as Arborio)
- 1⁄4 cup leek, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour Cranberry Juice Cocktail into small sauce pan and place on medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to 1 quart sauce pan and place over high heat.
- Add leeks and salt and pepper.
- Sauté until leeks are translucent and then add the rice.
- Stir until the rice is coated with oil.
- Add the boiling cranberry juice cocktail. Stir. Cover. Turn heat down to a simmer.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add feta cheese and sweetened dried cranberries, stir well.
- Turn into serving dish.
- Serve hot.