I found another way to use all of those cranberries that we stash during the holidays. This was found @ http://www.cranberries.org courtesy of the Cape Cod Cranberry Growers' Association. I'm putting this here for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour Cranberry Juice Cocktail into small sauce pan and place on medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.
- 2Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to 1 quart sauce pan and place over high heat.
- 3Add leeks and salt and pepper.
- 4Sauté until leeks are translucent and then add the rice.
- 5Stir until the rice is coated with oil.
- 6Add the boiling cranberry juice cocktail. Stir. Cover. Turn heat down to a simmer.
- 7Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- 8Remove from heat, add feta cheese and sweetened dried cranberries, stir well.
- 9Turn into serving dish.
- 10Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.7
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 4.1 mg
- Sodium 56.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 2.2 g