Recipe by Rita~
A recipe a friend had given me and I tweaked. Hope you enjoy it!
Top Review by thejonesgal
I wanted to bake a cake to bring to Guadalupe House. I had a can of cranberries and wondered if there was such a thing as a cranberry cake and found this! I brought it tonight 2/1/11 and folks loved it. I had enough cranberries and sour cream left to make another 1/2 recipe - I made it in a small rectangular pan - will bring it to work tomorrow.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (small can)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Prep a 10 inch tube pan with butter and dust with flour, set aside.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Beat butter 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and extract and beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs, beat well.
- Add flour mixture and sour cream alternating to creamed mixture until smooth.
- Mix in dried cranberries Spread half of batter into a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan.
- Spoon 1/2 C cranberry sauce over batter.
- Spoon remaining batter over sauce.
- Top with remaining cranberry sauce.
- Sprinkle pecans and sugar mixture on top.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan and place on wire rack.