Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 eggs, separated
- Place the egg whites in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together all remaining ingredients (except egg whites); combine well.
- Beat the reserved egg whites until stiff; fold into the batter.
- Cook on buttered/greased griddle or pan until golden on each side.
Loved the combo of ricotta and cinnamon with the cranberries! Made just a half recipe and served these pancakes with fresh butter, powdered sugar, and warm maple syrup. They were devoured! Would be great made with other fruit such as blueberries, as well. Thanks for sharing Parsley--will make these again.
I loved this recipe! The only thing I was not clear on was whether or not I was supposed to use the egg yolks at all once separated? I went ahead and mixed in just 3 of the yolks in the batter before I added the whites. Turned out fabulous!
Wonderful pancakes! Used a container of whole milk organic ricotta and served these for "breakfast for dinner." Made an assortment of flavors, some plain, some with dried cranberries, some with frozen wild blueberries, some with chocolate chips. All were enjoyed. Thanks for sharing the recipe!