Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A great children's lunch box treat! There is no added white sugar into this recipe so it is a less-sweeter bar. I used Ocean Spray Craisins for this! These bars are really good!
Top Review by peaches037
WOW! Another winner. I substituted pumpkin seeds for the sesame, added 1/3 c more rice krispies, and used 1/3 c craisins, 1/3 c dates and 1/3 c raisins all chopped up... Thanks, it was a big hit with everyone and will be on the Thanksgiving menu this year.
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄3 cup chopped sunflower seeds
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄3 cup pecans
- 1⁄3 cup chopped almonds
- 1⁄3 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄3 cup Rice Krispies (or use similar)
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries, chopped (or use Craisins!)
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 7 cups mini marshmallows (12-ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a large skillet over medium heat stir sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, pecans and almonds until pale golden brown (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add in coconut and stir until the sesame seeds and coconut are golden (about 2 minutes).
- Stir in cereal and cranberries; remove from heat.
- Meanwhile in a 5-6-quart pan combine the peanut butter with butter and mini marshmallows; stir over low heat until the marshmallows melt and the mixture is smooth (about 5 minutes) then add in the cereal/cranberry mixture and mix quickly using a wooden spoon to coat evenly.
- Pour the mixture into prepared baking pan, using a spoon (the mixture will be hot!) press firmly to make an even layer.
- Cool at room temperature or refrigerate until the mixture is set.
- Cut into 24 bars.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.