Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is another one from The Joy of Cranberries.
- 4 lbs pork spareribs or 4 lbs country-style pork ribs
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Place ribs in a dutch oven with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 minute.
- In a heavy saucepan, stir and cook cranberries, water and granulated sugar over medium heat until cranberries pop, about 5 minutes.
- Place a sieve over a bowl.
- Pour cranberry mixture through sieve, pressing with back of a spoon until no pulp is left; pour back into saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients except ribs to saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drain ribs; cut into individual portions.
- Place in a shallow baking dish.
- Pour sauce over ribs.
- Bake until tender, about 35-40 minutes.