Recipe by jenjie
I inherited this recipe from my mother in law. It's a great addition to our Thanksgiving menu! Cooking time is chilling time.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
As most of my friends know, I love cranberries anytime, anywhere! That's why I ALWAYS have bags of those wonderfully tart berries in the freezer all the time! I enjoy jello, too, but don't usually serve up a cranberry sauce/relish that way! Still, this was a wonderfully tasty treat for the 2 of us, & we enjoyed with for several days with burgers, chicken breast, meatloaf! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]
- 2 (2 3/4 ounce) packages cherry Jell-O
- 1 (16 ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained (reserve juice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse cranberries; chop in food processor.
- Chop walnuts, apple and orange in food processor.
- Melt jello in 1 cup hot water; add 1 cup reserved pineapple juice instead of cold water.
- Mix in chopped cranberries, walnuts, apple, orange, crushed pineapple, sugar and lemon juice.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Chill in refrigerator until set.