Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The original recipe comes from the Canadina living Christmas Book. Of course I have modified it. Gets rave reviews every time. Very easy to make.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup cranberries
- 1 tart apple, peeled and cored
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (I use ginger sugar)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade (I have also substituted ginger marmalade)
- 1 tablespoon coarsely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
- In a food processor or grinder, chop cranberries & apple. In bowl, combine everything. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or up to 1 week.
- I have also added some freshly grated ginger and used dried cranberries as well as raisins.