Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I much prefer this to canned cranberry relish and I insist that my aunt make it every Thanksgiving!!
- 2 bag fresh cranberries
- 425.24 g can crushed pineapple, mostly drained
- 2 big nice oranges, quartered with skins left on
- 85.04 g box raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 236.59 ml walnuts
- 236.59 ml sugar (or to taste)
- Using a food processor, combine cranberries, pineapple, and oranges to desired consistency, making sure orange peels are sufficiently chopped.
- Stir in jell-o, walnuts, and sugar (to taste).
- Freeze at least 2 days before serving.
- Defrost, stir, and enjoy!
I LOVED this recipe. As a kid my mom would make cranberry relish at the holidays but I would never taste it since I didn't care for the tart flavor of cranberry sauce or juice. The only things I did differently was I peeled my oranges and processed all the fruits separately. I added two processed Fugi apples and set a small bowl of chopped pecans next to the relish when it was ready to eat. This tastes like dessert!!!!
Absolutely perfect for our Thanksgiving meal! Fresh is always best and this recipe is no exception. This is so easily made in the food processor and stored in the freezer until ready to use. Be sure to allow adequate thawing time for table use. I will be making this again! Thank you, gwenrk!
Excellent recipe~~Just what I was looking for to re-create the 4 dollars a pint stuff they sell in the Deli!