Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from one of my daughter's nurses when she was in the hospital. She said the entire staff loves this recipe--they even make it when it is not the holidays.
- 1 (16 ounce) packageraw fresh cranberries
- 2 cups diced unpeeled red tart apples, Jonathan are a good apple
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies
- Mix cranberries, apples and sugar.
- Melt margarine, add rice krispies, brown sugar, and flour.
- Fold into cranberry mixture. Sprinkle with nuts over the top.
- Bake in a large buttered casserole (9X13), uncovered, for 45 minuted or until thickened and bubbly, at 350°F.
Everyone LOVED this dish. It is delicious hot or cold and actually serves about 12.