Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from the "Complete Book of Small-Batch Preserving" and is awesome over pancakes or plain, old vanilla pudding. You can substitute with strawberries!
- 2 1⁄2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3 cups unsweetened raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3⁄4 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 1⁄2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Combine all ingredients (except almond extract) in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil& boil gently for 15 minutes or until fruit is softened.
- Remove from heat, puree in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Stir in almond extract.
- Pour into sterilized jars& allow to cool.
So delicious! like Sharon123, I used frozen strawberries, made this well in advance and served it with vanilla ice cream tonight, what a great dessert, I'll make this again very soon, this is so yummy! thanks Marg!...Kitten:)
This was yummy and I served it with ice cream.Of course I used strawberries instead of the raspberries. It wasn't too sweet, just a little tart and went well with vanilla ice cream! Thanks CountryLady!