Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Perfect for an adult Halloween party or for Thanksgiving. My suggestion is to use the Grand Marnier. Chilling time is not included in the prep or cook time. The recipe is originally from Southern Living.
- 1 (48 ounce) bottle cranberry-raspberry juice, cocktail
- 1 (750 ml) bottledry full-bodied spanish red wine
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries or 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 2 cups club soda, chilled
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large pitcher, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Taste at this point and if you want it a little sweeter, add a little bit more sugar.
- Add fruit slices and cranberries; cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Stir in club soda and ice cubes just before serving.
I served this for a rehearsal dinner I catered for a friend. The women at the party went wild for it. I used cranberry juice, cointreau, 12 oz fresh cranberries and 12 oz frozen raspberries, simply because I already had those ingredients - that is why I added cranberries and rasperries. It was spectacular!
I made this for Thanksgiving because the ingredients were somewhat festive. Everyone liked it. The only changes that I made were to use light cranberry raspberry juice and I omitted the lemon slices and raspberries. This drink went down very easily. There was hardly a wine taste at all. I think that next time I will try reducing the amount of juice to about half to make it a bit more concentrated.