Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very simple, quick recipe that I put together with what I happened to have available. The result is quite tasty! The splenda is partly for offsetting the tartness from the citrus fruit wedges in the drink- if you don't use citrus fruits in the punch, taste test it before adding any sweetener. Cook time is chill time.
- 1 1⁄4 cups cranberry-raspberry juice (fresh if possible)
- 1⁄2 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 orange, cut into wedges
- other fresh fruit, for example strawberries, raspberries, peaches, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- Beforehand, chill the juice and the lemon-lime beverage separately.
- In a jug or container, mix the cranberry raspberry juice with the lemon, orange and any other fruit you would like to use. Add the Splenda and stir to mix.
- Put in the fridge for the flavours to blend.
- After about an hour, add the carbonated lemon-lime beverage to the jug, stir and serve chilled!
Oooh...Zaar squished my picture! Regardless, it is a very nice drink...I didn't use the splenda because I just can't stand the aftertaste from it. Otherwise, I kept the recipe as posted. Thanks for sharing!
Oh what a nice refreshing flavor. Had everything in the fridge so it was already chilled. I didn't need any sweetener or sugar. I had put in some lemon, lime and orange wedges (all picked fresh from my trees) and I put in a few marachino cherries. Definitely a delicious drink to have by the pool. I also made mine alcoholic by adding and ounce of vodka. Went really well with it. Will make again for sure. Thanks for sharing Shuzbud. Made for Holiday Tag '09
Right away I had to double this recipe (for 2 of us, but then . . . Most of our drinks go into very tall glasses! For the fresh fruit I used raspberries & peaches (but had a hard time cutting the berries into wedges!) & then used Mt Dew for the carbonation! OUTSTANDING DRINK, for sure, & definitely a keeper of a recipe! [Tgged, made & reviewed in Every Day Is a Holiday tag]