Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
East meets west?
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cranberries
- 24 jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 10 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 quart fry oil
- Combine cranberries, jalapeno, sugar, and mayonnaise in a food processor. Process until smooth or to desired texture. Divide mixture in half and reserve one half for a dipping sauce. With the remaining half, blend with the softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Lay a few wonton wrappers at a time out on a clean cutting board.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture in the center of each wonton. Brush the edges of the wonton with water and fold in half to make a triangle shape. Set aside on a waxed paper lined sheet pan.
- Heat the fry oil to a temperature between 260-280*F.
- Carefully place the wontons in the oil when heated, and cook until golden brown. Take the wontons out of the oil and place on a paper towel to drain any excess oil. Serve hot with reserved cranberry relish.