Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The original recipe comes from the Gooseberry Patch 'family favorite recipes' cookbooklet, 2005, that I received in a cookbook swap! These can be served for lunch or dinner, or they can be sliced into 1" wide pieces & served, warm or chilled, as appetizers! Preparation time does not include time needed to chill!
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3⁄4 cup dark raisin
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, fresh, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄8 teaspoon curry powder, to taste (optional)
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄4 lbs deli turkey, sliced
- 6 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, sugars & vinegar, then cook over medium heat until sugars dissolve.
- Add cranberries, raisins, onion, ginger & pepper flakes, then bring just to a boil, before turning down heat to simmer & cook 5 to 10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat & then cool.
- Cover & refrigerate until chilled.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cream cheese, Cheddar (& curry powder, if included).
- Spread about 3 tablespoons of this cheese mixture in a thin layer over each tortilla.
- Arrange several slices of turkey evenly over cheese.
- Top each tortilla with 2-3 tablespoons of the cranberry mixture, 1 tablespoon of the wallnuts & 1 heaping teaspoon of the cilantro.
- Roll up each tortilla & wrap each individually in aluminum foil.
- Arrange wraps on a baking sheet & bake just until warm, NOT MORE THAN 10 minutes.