Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe was tucked away in a 20-year-old recipe file I uncovered not long ago.
- 591.47 ml golden raisins
- 295.73 ml orange juice
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml white vinegar
- 340.19 g bag cranberries
- 9.85 ml orange zest, minced
- 6.16 ml ground ginger
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped
- In large saucepan over medium heat, bring raisins, orange juice, sugar & vinegar to boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat & simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Add cranberries, zest & ginger, & heat to boiling over high heat.
- Reduce heat & simmer, uncovered, another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat & stir in walnuts.
- Cool, cover & refrigerate. Serve cold.
Leaving this chill for 24 hours is a must, it takes on a stronger flavor and texture, great combo of flavors although I did reduce the vinegar to 3/4 cup and omitted the nuts, thanks for sharing Syd!...Kitten
Well, I've had cranberry sauce with orange in it before, but this is the best I've tasted. It's the ginger that makes it special.