Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Delicious pumpkin bread was adapted from Bon Appetit (October, 2003).
Make and share this Cranberry-Raisin Pumpkin Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ginger
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 88.74 ml butter or 88.74 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml canned pumpkin
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 158.51 ml buttermilk
- 118.29 ml dried sweetened cranberries (craisins)
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Spray loaf pan (9"x5") with cooking spray.
- Sift dry ingredients (flour- baking powder) together in small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Cream butter or margarine in large bowl of electric mixer.
- Gradually add sugar.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add pumpkin and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk.
- Fold in cranberries, raisins and walnuts (if using).
- Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on cooling rack for 15 minutes before inverting bread on cooling rack to finish cooling.
Delicious, The best I have ever made. We love the craisins, raisins,and walnuts in it. The spices espically the ginger makes it so yummy. It is easy to make, I think it will be great toasted. Thank you, Ellie for this delicious recipe. I will be making more before Thanksgiving.
Very nice recipe! I was looking for a pumpkin bread recipe and like that this one had both craisins and raisins. I thought the spices are pretty mild. I made these in 2 small loaf pans instead of 1 larger.
Rita L (see my other recipe reviews) posted Jan 6, 2004 Fabulous! I just loved this. I used brown sugar, doubled the cinnamon and had frozen pureed baked butternut squash (in place of pumpkin)which which I defrosted and brought to room temperature before adding to butter and sugar mixture.I also used all cranraisins.Thanks for a great recipe.