Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a classic Canadian pie filling. It used to be known as mock cherry, and there is a resemblance. But I would rather call it what it is, rather than what it isn't.
- Roll out about 60% of the pastry and line a 9" pie plate.
- Roll out the remaining pastry to cover.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bring the cranberries and water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add the raisins, sugar and flour.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Pour into the prepared bottom crust, top with rolled out upper crust, and seal the edges with a wet fork.
- Cut or poke steam holes in the top crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.