Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup fresh cranberries or 1 cup frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cranberry-orange spread (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease 8 1/2X4 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg in large bowl.
- Stir in cranberries, raisins, pecans and orange peel.
- Mix eggs, milk, butter and vanilla in small bowl until combined; stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Store tightly wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature.
- Serve slices with Cranberry-OrangeSpread, if desired.
Easy recipe to make, and absolutely delicious. But watch your timer - my bread was done a full ten minutes before I expected.
Awesome bread and so easy to make! I used a dried berry mix instead of raisins and fresh cranberries and substituted walnuts for pecans. Thanks!
This is the most amazingly addictive Cranberry Bread I have ever tasted. Recently I made this recipe for a potluck and was lucky to have one slice for myself.LOL Thank you for the terrific recipe.I will definitely make this again. :)