Recipe by CountryLady
Before making cranberry sauce for my turkey, I always remove 1 1/2 cups from the bag of cranberries so I can make this loaf. You can also substitute cranberries for the raisins for an all cranberry loaf. Keep an eye on the oven after the first hour of baking. Enjoy!!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I like everything about making this loaf, including the ease of preparation, the combo of orange, cranberries AND raisins (I love all 3 o them!), & I did use a very rounded measure of the zest! A definite make-again loaf for the upcoming holidays! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my Raisin theme in My-3-Chefs]
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups light raisins (sultanas)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, salt& baking soda into large bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Add egg, orange peel& juice all at once.
- Stir just until mixture is evenly moist.
- Fold in raisins& cranberries.
- Spoon into a greased 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour& 10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.