From the Whole Foods website: Serve this sweet-tart salad alongside a leafy green salad, turkey, or grilled meats and chicken. Placed here for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons serrano peppers, seeded and very finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1Rinse quinoa several times.
- 2Bring water and quinoa to a boil and simmer 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- 3Meanwhile, combine 2 tablespoons honey, lemongrass, garlic and peppers in a small bowl.
- 4When quinoa is cooked, stir in honey mixture.
- 5Chop cranberries with remaining 2 tablespoons honey and lime juice in food processor or blender; stir this into quinoa.
- 6Add mint, cilantro, red onion and salt. Toss to combine and chill until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Quinoa Salad
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.3
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 6.0 g