Recipe by Miss_Elaine
From the Whole Foods website: Serve this sweet-tart salad alongside a leafy green salad, turkey, or grilled meats and chicken. Placed here for safe keeping.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons serrano peppers, seeded and very finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberries
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse quinoa several times.
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil and simmer 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, combine 2 tablespoons honey, lemongrass, garlic and peppers in a small bowl.
- When quinoa is cooked, stir in honey mixture.
- Chop cranberries with remaining 2 tablespoons honey and lime juice in food processor or blender; stir this into quinoa.
- Add mint, cilantro, red onion and salt. Toss to combine and chill until ready to serve.