Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I found this recipe in a woman's work magazine last year - I've made it 3 times and every time it's a winner!
- 13 gingersnap cookies
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce, stirred
- whipped cream
- sugared cranberries (optional)
- position racks in center and lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 350°F Coat 9"x3" springform pan with cooking spray. In food processor process cookies and walnuts until finely ground; stir in butter.
- press crumb mixture onto bottom and 1" up side of pan. Bake 8 minutes or until set; cool.
- Place roasting pan on lower oven rack; fill halfway with water. At medium-high speed beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy, 3 minutes. At low speed beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in sour cream, flour and vanilla. At medium speed beat 2 minutes.
- Pour half of batter into crust. bake 40 minutes or until center jiggles slightly when pan is shaken. Meanwhile, at low speed beat pumpkin, cinnamon an ginger into remaining batter. Spread cranberry sauce over hot cheesecake layer, leaving 1/2" border. Top with pumpkin batter. Batter will almost come up to top edge of pan. Bake 40-45 minutes or until center jiggles slightly when pan is shaken. Turn oven off; let cake stand in oven with door closed 20 minutes. Run knife around edge to loosen. Cool. Cover; refrigerate overnight. If desired, transfer whipped cream to pastry bag fitter with large star tip; pipe onto cake. garnish with cranberries.