Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a great recipe for fall. I love the taste of the pumpkin and spice and the contrast of the tart cranberries. However, the crystalized ginger is what did it for me. I had it on hand for another recipe I use it for and decided to throw it in. This is my new go-to pumpkin bread.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons yogurt (vanilla or plain)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup crystallized ginger, finely minced
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour loaf pan.
- 2. Sift together dry ingredients. Set aside.
- 3. Cream together sugars and butter. Add yogurt, eggs and pumpkin. Mix until just combined.
- 4. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk; mix until just combined.
- 5. Toss cranberries in a little flour to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the pan while cooking. Gently fold cranberries and ginger into the batter. Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake 1 hour 15 minutes. Make sure to watch it near the end as it may need more or less time depending on your oven.