Recipe by MA HIKER
I love bread pudding & pumpkin - so what could be better? For a change, instead of the dried cranberries - use chopped dried apricots or golden raisins.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute or 3 eggs
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Coat a 2-quart square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the prepared baking dish, combine bread cubes and dried cranberries; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine milk, pumpkin, egg, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Slowly pour pumpkin mixture over bread mixture in baking dish.
- Gently press bread mixture down into liquid to moisten. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly; serve warm.