1 hr 15 mins
Andrew Mollmann's Note:
I had some leftover canned pumpkin that I wanted to use up. This recipe fit the bill. From here: http://www.grouprecipes.com/92330/gluten-free-cranberry-pumpkin-bread.html The taste is pretty good, but it came out rather dense as a 5x9 loaf. Maybe next time I'll make it into mini loaves. *The flour mixture I used is Bette Hagman's Bean mix: 2 parts garfava bean flour, 1 part sorghum flour, 3 parts cornstarch, and 3 parts tapioca flour. Feel free to experiment with your own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups flour (gluten-free*)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ginger
- 1/3 cup butter (or nondairy margarine)
- 1 1/3 cups light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup warm milk (of choice, soy, almond, whatever)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour a loaf pan or a 12-cup muffin tin.
- 2Mix gluten-free flour blend, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg and ginger together. Set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, cream butter until white. Add brown sugar and milk and beat for another 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time. Stir in pumpkin puree.
- 4Add dry ingredients to wet mixture. Fold in cranberries and chopped nuts, if desired.
- 5Pour batter in prepared loaf pan or muffin tin. Bake in preheated over for 45 minutes to 1 hour for the loaf, 15 to 18 minutes for muffins.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Pumpkin Bread (Gluten-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.0
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 60.6 mg
- Sodium 240.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 32.1 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: