Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
I got this recipe off a box and posting for safe keeping. I made it today and it was wonderful. May need a little more pumpkin pie spice but good the way it is written.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups pumpkin puree (15 ounce can)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, spice, baking powder, and salt in a bowl, stir to blend the dry ingredients well.
- Combine eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and oil in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Add cranberries and walnuts, mix thoroughly.
- Spoon into two greased and floured 9x5x2-inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 20 minutes.
- Remove and let cool completely on rack.
- I may one loaf and 10 muffins. I cooked the muffins at the same oven temp for around 25 minutes.
- Check with toothpick for doneness.
Very nice tasting pumpkin bread, & we especially liked it with the berries & nuts! I'll admit that I increased the amount of cranberries by another 1/2 cup, but other than that the recipe was followed, & I now have a loaf frozen while we enjoy the 1st one! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my Bread, Be It Ever So Humble! theme in the current My 3 Chefs event]