Recipe by hbonner
POINTS® Value | 3 Servings | 18 Preparation Time | 15 min Cooking Time | 25 min Level of Difficulty | Easy desserts | For these delicious bars, if you don't have pumpkin pie spice in your pantry, substitute 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon each of nutmeg, ginger and clove
Top Review by Charles H.
I did this with the Splenda brown sugar. Everyone loved it, the moisteness is suprising. i will try to make this again and raise the fiber to 14% if i can, maybe with half whole wheat flour or ground oats.
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine, soft, at room teperature
- 1 cup canned pumpkin, puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 2⁄3 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Lightly coat a 9x13-inch (23x33 cm) baking pan with cooking spray, then dust lightly with flour.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and margarine with an electric mixer; beat in egg, egg white, pumpkin purée and buttermilk.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, oats, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Stir into pumpkin mixture just until moistened, then add cranberries and mix gently.
- Spread batter in pan and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until center springs back when gently pressed. Cool and cut into 18 bars.