Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Comfort food from days gone by. So good!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup cut-up cranberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups boiling water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine sugar and milk.
- Add flour, salt and baking powder.
- Stir until well blended.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Stir in the cranberries.
- Spread in a greased casserole.
- Combine the sauce ingredients.
- Stir until the sugar and butter are dissolved.
- Pour over the batter in casserole.
- Bake at 375F.
- for 30 to 45 minutes, or until cake is done.
- Serve hot with whipped topping or ice-cream.
A quick & easy week night dessert with a good flavour contrast - tart berries & sweet sauce! I used an 8" square glass baking dish (it was ready in 30 minutes) & served warm with vanilla ice cream. Next time, I'll probably decrease the amount of sauce. Thanx Mae!